Saturday, July 19, 2014

Crock pot refried beans

I don't know what has taken me so long to give these a try, but homemade refried beans are out of this world. No more canned ones for me. I'd like to give a huge shout out to http://lovelylittlekitchen.com/healthy-crockpot-refried-beans/ for an amazing recipe. This was found on Pinterest, but scoot on over to her blog and leave some awesome feedback.

Here is her recipe....just know, I do not measure, so have exact measurements to give you is a treat. I dislike all the unnecessary dishes.

2 cups pinto beans, washed and sorted ( or 1 16oz bag)
1/4 t. garlic powder (1 clove of garlic works too)
1/2 a large onion
1 1/2t. seasoned salt ( I added about a tsp. more when I gave them a taste)
1 t. cumin
pinch of cayenne
6 cups of water

Spray your cooker. Throw all ingredients in pot and turn on high for 8 hours. At the end of 8 hours, removed onion and any excess water. I then ran my immersion blender through the beans to make them smooth. Serve.

**note**

My family added a nice dose of hot sauce and cheese on top. I could just eat them plain.

Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment