Monday, October 21, 2013

Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken

Serves 4-6
This is one of my favorite freezer meals. I have included some of my personal notes to make this an easy meal.
4 boneless chicken breasts (I like to cut these in half or in chunks so they shred faster)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cider vinegar
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 can pineapple chunks (save juice)
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/4 red pepper and green bell pepper, sliced thin (optional)
Add all ingredients together in the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Chicken should shred nicely.
NOTES
I double the ingredients to make my crockpot freezer meals for 2 months. I use gallon freezer bags and lay these flat to freeze. They take up less room in my freezer. I will sometimes cook my pasta or rice and drain and place in a quart bag and freeze. Since the pasts is already cooked, I will add it about an hour before I'm ready to serve this meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment