Saturday, April 27, 2013

Juicing and UCTD

I don't know where the time goes, but I sure haven't kept up on my UCTD part of my blog. So here goes.....juicing! I love juicing. I aim for only once a day. I need to focus on the vegetable side of juicing. Most of us (UCTD folks) are lacking in the vegetable department, especially eating enough greens. The simplest way to add them in for me is to put spinach or kale in my juice. If I'm not eating the kale fast enough, I add water to it and run it through my food processor. I then pour that into ice cube trays and can add as much or as little as I need to my juice. I've also added that to my split pea soup and spaghetti sauce. You can't taste it, but you're getting it in your body. I do the same with spinach. Instead of iceberg lettuce in my wraps, I use baby spinach. Also, throw in some ground flaxseed. You can never have enough of the good stuff.

Give this recipe a try.
Kale (3 leaves or 6-8 ice cubes)
1 apple, cored
2 stalks of celery
ginger (just a little)

Run through your juicer. Add water if you'd like. This should make 2 glasses. You can of course cut back on the kale and celery if you just want 1 glass. I'd keep the entire apple.





No comments:

Post a Comment