Monday, January 14, 2013

Instant Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Oatmeal

Lately we have been eating a lot of instant oatmeal around here. With the chemicals that are added in the store bought oatmeal, and the cost skyrocketing, I ventured out to make my own. This recipe can be cut in half if you don't use that much.

This is what I use:
100% whole grain rolled oats (10 cups)
2 tsp. salt (I like sea salt)
4 tsp cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
hot water as needed

I used my Ninja professional blender to process the oats to a fine powder, then add the remaining ingredients and process until blended. To serve, put as much oatmeal in a bowl that you need, add boiling water and stir. Nothing to it. It tasted so much better to me.

On a side note, I will be cutting back on both sugars. I thought it was just a tad too sweet. I'm going to try 3/4 cup of each sugar next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment