Friday, October 19, 2012

Eating clean

I really wanted to post this much sooner, however, I had family come in for a visit twice. Plus, it is that time of year to get the garden under plastic so I don't have weeds come Spring. I still have three boxes that have broccoli, cabbage, potatoes, lettuce and onions growing.

I have been switching over to "clean eating" for the past 3 weeks or so and I must say I feel a lot better. More energy! I've lost a few pounds. I didn't set out to do that. I didn't have any weight to lose.

I have always eaten pretty healthy, and my recipes are well rounded. Since being diagnosed with UCTD, I have become more conscience of what I serve my family. I haven't completely eliminated some of the processed foods they like, but I've cut back. The kids love those toaster strudels. I have a recipe for home made ones, but it has just been crazy around here.

I have found through this process that it is a bit easier than I thought it would be. I have a good friend, who's son is a vegan, give me a lot of recipes. I share with her some of mine that I've tried. I can honestly say I hate kale. I've tried the kale chips and the taste just lingered. I have since pureed my kale, adding water to it, and made ice cubes. I can throw these in my green smoothies anytime.

I do love butternut squash soup. I made enough to last me for a while. The family liked it better roasted and served with a spaghetti sauce. I'll post the recipe later.

Last but not least, I eat a huge salad almost everyday. I've added more cucumbers, onions, mushrooms and romaine lettuce to my daily menu. I try and eat 90% clean food and 10% of the main meal each night. Sometimes it is easier said than done. I love pasta.

The only thing I can say is frustrating, is that I've had a huge sweet tooth the past few days. I've read that eventually the sweets cravings will subside. I sure hope so. I really need to sit the candy corn out of my line of vision. They are evil~

I'll end here with that and try to behave til next time!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment