Monday, June 20, 2011

UCTD and Topamax

Due in part to my UCTD, my migraines have increased in frequency and duration. My family doctor thought it was best to have a MRI to make sure nothing else was going on. In short, I have fluid around the neck bones causing spasms. That's all, so that's good news. I have been put on Topamax now to help control some of these migraines. Until the Plaquenil is in my system and works better, the migraines will continue. Topamax works in stages. Week one. You take 1 pill at night. All was okay. I just noticed I was thirsty. Started round two just two days ago. Had to add another pill, this time in the morning. Now I'm very thirsty and have had a few bouts of nausea. Lost my appetite a bit too. So far, I haven't had a migraine in 9 days. That's a good thing. I'll update later on my findings of weeks 3 and 4. Once we get to week four, I will be maxed out on the dose.

No comments:

Post a Comment