Sunday, May 29, 2011

Southwest Chili-Lime Pasta Salad

I tried a new pasta salad on the family last night and it was delicious. I have to give nods to www.cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.blogspot.com. I found this recipe on her site. I did make a few changes. I like the dressing to have more flare, or as we call it, heat! Below is the recipe. Take note, I doubled the seasonings/dressing for the pasta. The recipe below is as it is on the original website.

12 oz. pasta cooked and drained
1/3 cup olive oil
2-3 Tbsp. lime juice or juice from fresh limes
2 t. honey
1 t. chili powder
1/4 t. cayenne pepper
1/2 small onion diced
1 1/2 cup frozen corn, allow to thaw
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
pepper, salt and cilantro to taste (I use my Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt)
grape or cherry tomatoes, halved

Mix oil, lime juice and honey together. In a large bowl, mix pasta with remaining ingredients. Pour sauce over top and mix well. Refrigerate for an hour or so. Doctor it up as needed~

No comments:

Post a Comment