Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A freezer challenge....starts NOW

Knowing that fresh fruit and vegetable season is just around the corner, I know, without a doubt, that my upright freezer needs cleaned. I don't know how it happens, but it is a mess. I try and keep it organized. Meat on one shelf, veggies on another, boxed foods on another and leftovers on their own shelf. However, right now, my freezer looks like food was just tossed in it willy-nilly. Today will begin my freezer cleaning. We are going to eat as much as we can out of it for the next month. I have a lot of fresh garden food that will be replaced shortly. I've also been making double casseroles and storing them for "sports" nights.

First step to accomplish this feat...I will be purchasing a dry erase board that is magnetized so I can keep track of what goes in and what comes out.

Next, I will make a list of what I have in it right now and start preparing my menu. This should be fun. NOT! I don't mind the menu, it is trying to use all the ingredients we have in there already.

Last, when it is warm enough, defrost and wash it out. Replace any food left in an organized fashion. Yeah right. I wonder how long this will last?

This is what it looked like this morning~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment