Thursday, September 13, 2012

Stevia processing, pt 2

I mentioned earlier this week that I am processing my Stevia plants. I have tried 2 methods and was pleasantly surprised. The first method, I used 2 Stevia leaves in my iced tea. Not crushed, whole. The longer my tea sat, the sweeter my tea was. I didn't detect any aftertaste either. However, next time I will only use 1 leaf.

Another method I tried yesterday, was from my powdered Stevia. This one was an epic fail. I put 1/2 tsp. of powder in my iced tea and stirred until it settled. Now, you can drink the powder, it won't hurt you, however to me I didn't like the powder residue in my mouth. From now on, I will strain it through cheesecloth.

This afternoon, my Stevia that is being processed using vodka, will be ready to use. I will get back to you later on this method.

So far, I'm happy I can use my Stevia.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment