Sunday, February 13, 2011

UCTD 7 months into the diagnosis

What a completely annoying condition this has been. Since being diagnosed back in July, lots of improvements have been made. At the time of the diagnosis, I was sleeping 18+ hours a day. I'd get up long enough to go to work, do a load of laundry and some days, I had enough energy to make dinner. I am extremely happy to be up and around. Don't get me wrong, but I do have days that I struggle getting up off of the sofa. The medicine that I was put on, has helped diminish the pain quite a bit. Except for the migraines, I can now handle most of the joint and nerve pain that this illness causes. I have also started to "investigate" this condition and what I'm finding is that I have more to "investigate." The deeper I research, the more I find that this could very well be a toxin poisoning of my body. It is diagnosed undifferentiated because doctors are not sure what it is or what to do with it. These are doctors of modern medicine. Don't get me wrong, modern medicine is fine, but instead of just keeping me alive, I want someone to work with me on finding out the cause and maybe, just maybe, we can figure out a treatment. I'm hoping I've found that doctor.
A few weeks ago I was reading an article about adding natural, organic foods to my body. Even though I eat healthy, there are so many toxins in everyday items that we use. Shampoo, deodorant, the water we drink, all the processed foods riddled with chemicals and even the air we breathe. I've decided to venture out and explore some of these organic foods and try and eat more foods that are not processed in any way. My biggest discovery has been the use of Concentrated Black Cherry Juice. This is supposed to help in reducing joint pain. What the heck, why not give it a shot. Actually, two shots a day. I have started using 1 Tbsp. of cherry juice with 8 oz. of filtered water, twice a day. To my surprise, about 7 days into this program, (I started this several weeks ago) I have greatly noticed a decline of joint pain. Actually, I can't remember when I had joint pain last. I'm going to guess, about 10 days ago. So, this is now part of my daily routine.
I have also added several vitamins. One being Vitamin D3. Since I have a severe sun sensitivity, I use 75+ block of sunscreen. I must also wear UVA/UVB clothes and 400 UVA/UVB sunglasses. If I forget, which I have done a lot during this process, I grab hold of a migraine. However, I have come to find out that sunscreen prevents us from absorbing Vitamin D. Most people are Vitamin D deficient. Vitamin D3 is now also a part of my daily routine. Vitamin D also helps with the immune system. This is a plus for me, since mine is destroyed by the UCTD. Very few foods in nature have adequate amounts of Vitamin D, so adding this supplement is good for all. And finally, I've added a calcium supplement. I am NOT a milk drinker, but I do like yogurt, however, this is not enough calcium in my diet alone. Calcium also helps the body absorb the Vitamin D.
Next on my list of research topics for UCTD, is oxygen. Since my body is wide open for cancer, I am looking to more foods that put oxygen into my body. Oxygen helps choke out cancer. That's as far as I've gone with this topic. Like I said before, lots to information to research.

No comments:

Post a Comment