Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sugar Cookies

This is my all time favorite for cut-out cookies. I usually make 2 batches and freeze the dough. I make one batch about a week before Christmas and the other batch the kids do Christmas Eve. These are Santa's cookies. Although the kids do not believe, they play along to make me happy!


1 c. butter or margarine, softened

3/4 c. sugar

1 egg

1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

3 1/2 c. flour (more or less depending on moisture)

1 tsp. baking powder

1/4 tsp. salt



Cream butter, sugar and egg. Add vanilla, baking powder and salt. Gradually add flour. Mix well. I chill mine before using and just take out what I need for a couple of cookie sheets at a time. If you work with the butter too much, it becomes soft and then sticks to the cookie cutters. Cut out shapes, decorate and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

Labels: Recipes 12

No comments:

Post a Comment