Sunday, May 2, 2010

Angel, Beth and the Mountain Lion

Last June (2009) I took the kids to Pennsylvania for vacation and to visit my side of the family. We stay with my Mom out in the country. She has a very nice house in a clearing with a gorgeous view of the mountains. I attempt to keep up with my exercise routine while I'm vacationing, and this is the perfect area to go for long runs. No cars to worry about running me off the road. Just beautiful scenery. This past year it was rainy. I struggled to get out for a run. One evening, after the rain had cleared out, my cousin Angel and I decided to go for a walk before it started to rain again. The walk was nice. All the farmland was so green and the air smelled fresh. Fresh means, no chicken house or manure fragrances in the air. We were about a mile into our walk, when suddenly, Angel screamed her head off, grabbed hold of me or pushed me, I can't be sure because I was scared to death, which then caused me to scream for dear life. Out of the corner of my eye, during the scream, I caught the image of a tan, huge beast running towards us. We both heard it growl. Or thought we did. Upon reflection, it was struggling to breath. Grunting to be more precise. My very vivid imagination told me that a Mountain Lion was after us (there have been sightings of them).


Now, as you can see, we are still here to tell the story. So, it wasn't an actual Mountain Lion. It was a dog. It was a rather intimidating dog. He may have reached my calf. We were being chased by Benji! After catching our breath and getting ourselves under control, we continued on our way with the dog right on our heals. We're not sure where we picked him up, but at the next farm, we were able to lose him. To this day, I think that was the hardest I've laughed in years. In fact, I know it is.

Labels: Believe it or not

No comments:

Post a Comment