Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Cluster Headaches

Since my last post on migraines/cluster headaches, all has been pretty good. I was able to tour Gettysburg in the heat and not come out of it on the wrong end of a headache. We did an enormous amount of walking. Before being treated with Verapamil, I would have had a horrible headache. A few days after returning from our vacation, I had an appointment with the neurologist to track the progress. In 6 weeks, I had one headache. It was a 2 on a scale from 1-10. I only had to use one Maxalt. I've have now been released from care for 5 months, unless there are problems or I start getting these cluster headaches again. Sadly, that weekend I got a mother of all headaches. It lasted 6 days. Part 2 of the headache ended up being a 10-12 in pain level. I was down for 3 days with it. The shots would only work for a few hours and the tabs were worthless. I was so worn out with that one.  I put this one back on stress. There is a lot going on right now. We're are helping our son go over paperwork on buying his first house. We have to be very diligent. The realtor was great until we found the house, but now, I feel he is as shady as the guy flipping the house. We decided to walk away because they didn't feel they needed to listen to the home inspectors comments. After a very long weekend, the sale of the house is back on, with our demands in check. I can't wait to be finished with all of this. I need to be rid of these people. I really manage to stay stress free, but sometimes it just seeps in.

No comments:

Post a Comment