Saturday, June 1, 2013

Breakfast Smoothie

I am not a breakfast person, at all. In fact, I don't usually have anything to eat until around lunchtime. I am usually up around 5 AM, so that is quite a long stretch of not having any nourishment in my body. So for the past week, I have been incorporating some type of breakfast. It is a toss-up between 2 over easy eggs cooked with coconut oil or a strawberry/banana smoothie. This gives me a jumpstart to a healthy eating day. Below is my version of a breakfast smoothie.

8 oz of any of the following...coconut milk, coconut water, soy milk, unsweetened almond milk or just plain water. This depends on what flavor I want for the day.

1 frozen banana

1 handful of frozen strawberries (any berry will do)

1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed

1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil

1 handful of dehydrated kale (see my post in shortcuts regarding kale)

Blend until smooth. I use my Magic Bullet. The large cup is just perfect for me...

Enjoy~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment