Monday, July 12, 2010

Too much time off

In looking over my last post, I realize I haven't been on here in a long time. Hopefully now that will change. For those of you that don't know me, I've been seriously ill. I've been doctoring since April 11th, nonstop. I was given a diagnosis last week and started a round of medicine. Not feeling a lot better yet, but it is right around the corner. I have Undifferentiad Connective Tissue Disorder . Layman's terms...I'm allergic to myself. My skin, nerves, bones, joints etc. The pain has been horrible at times. In a few more weeks, the medicine should start doing its thing.
With being such an active person, I'm struggling more with what I can't do. I was am a runner, but haven't run since this last round began. I love to garden, but I can only do that for a few minutes. Swimming causes pain in my arms. Thank goodness I could still cook. Since I am never hungry, that is the only thing holding me back with that. I did manage to go with my husband and some friends for a Harley ride yesterday in The Blue Ridge Parkway. I loved the day. It is not loving me today. I have a rash and a fever. Last night the pain was too much for me so I went to bed early. Today will be spent resting. One day, and hopefully soon, I can start to do more.
Now on to the rest of my life.....I can at least post my recipes and tips. Typing doesn't hurt like it was the past few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment